Head of Software Development Center
Combridge partnered with T-Systems International, the Global IT&C solution provider, both member of one of the largest European Telecommunications companies: Deutsche Telekom Group, to offer Digitization Solutions, Cloud and IT&C services to the Group’s large Corporate and Governmental Customers.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Software Development Center to build up and lead teams of SW developers (100+) in Romania in line with the requirements of the Global Delivery (GD) organization of T-Systems International (TSI).
As the Head of SW Development Center / Digital Hub/Lab you will report to:
- Executive Director of Combridge (administrative reporting line)
- VP Global Delivery / Sourcing Poland & Romania at TSI in Germany (functional reporting line)
- Hire and build up teams of SW developers,
- Lead and grow the SW development teams and Application Management services,
- Manage all the activities of the software development teams and set goals in alignment with the GD organization to ensure timely project delivery and quality standards,
- Clarify “business demands” / skill requirements received from the Portfolio Units (PU) of TSI,
- Manage the recruitment process with own/local HR Talent Acquisition Team a/o with external recruitment agencies,
- Interview candidates and take final hiring decisions in alignment with the demanders from TSI
- Build teams, projects, Center of Excellences (CoE), Chapters,
- Mentor and coach PM’s / Team Leads and employees of the SW Development Center,
- Prepare / develop offerings and solutions using the local capabilities / potentials,
- Prepare and manage Service Offers (SO) for TSI,
- Set up the necessary infrastructure, administrative framework (HR, FC, …) and quality management standards in alignment with TSI for the new employees and teams,
- Deliver the offered and agreed (Service Level Agreement) SLA based services (OKR’s),
- Administrate the employees of the SW Development Center / Digital Hub/Lab,
- Develop and maintain marketing and communication plan (including digital content) in alignment with TSI and with the local legal entity Combridge in Romania,
- Conduct continuous communication activities within TSI on social medias in order to attract the talents from the IT market,
- Accounting interface to local FC and to TSI’s Finance & Controlling.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field,
- Proven experience in leading SW development teams with 10+ members,
- Experience in a leadership position responsible for building, motivating and leading high performing SW development teams,
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions / system integration projects,
- Very strong analytical skills to be able to manage complex problems using a number of techniques,
- Experience managing senior stakeholders internal and external to the organization,
- Good mentor & coach,
- Strong people management skills,
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills,
- Experienced with multicultural environments,
- Very good in English (and German language is of advantage).
- Working on unique worldwide project with cutting edge technologies.
- Team full of subject matter experts in various fields (architects, designers, engineers).
- Training program for special technologies required by project owners.
Attractive monthly fixed salary + bonus (variable payment).
- Young and enthusiastic working environment
- Flexible working hours - Home office possibility
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Cafeteria - individual benefit
- Meal vouchers contribution
- Team building
- Extra vacation days
- Sport Activity cost covered
- Healthcare insurance
- Rotation’s possibilities
About T-Systems International
Your partner for digitization:
With around 28,000 employees worldwide and annual revenues of EUR 4.0 billion (2021), T-Systems is one of the leading providers of digital services. The Deutsche Telekom subsidiary is headquartered in Germany and has a presence in Europe as well as in selected core markets and strategic production locations. T-Systems can provide a global production and supply chain to companies operating worldwide.
T-Systems offers integrated end-to-end IT solutions, driving the digital transformation of companies in all industries and the public sector. Focus industries include automotive, manufacturing, logistics and transportation, as well as healthcare and the public sector. T-Systems develops vertical, company-specific software solutions for these sectors.
Holistic cloud and software services:
The comprehensive portfolio of services includes secure operation of traditional IT infrastructures, migration to private cloud and public cloud environments of hyperscalers, as well as management of hybrid and multi-cloud infrastructures. T-Systems integrates customized platforms, industry-specific applications and innovative technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), big data and blockchain into these infrastructures. To achieve this, the Telekom subsidiary works closely with leading global technology partners. The end-to-end services also include state-of-the-art security solutions and data protection in accordance with DSGVO requirements.
Digital: Doing business more agilely and flexibly:
Digitization is not a hype, but an urgent imperative for every company and public administration. It is not first and foremost about speeding up business processes. The pandemic has shown that agility and flexibility are the key benefits of a digitized economy and administration. Production processes and supply chains can be adapted in an agile manner. The foundation for this is real-time analysis of machine, production and planning data thanks to big data and artificial intelligence. This allows sub-processes to be controlled autonomously and business experts to focus on strategic further development.
T-Systems offers a broad portfolio of coordinated IT and network solutions for digital transformation. In addition to private and public cloud services, these include digital solutions for industry 4.0, artificial intelligence (AI), virtual reality (VR) or blockchain, which T-Systems integrates into existing IT infrastructures or builds, structures and operates from scratch. Digital solutions tailored to defined business processes are also used, enabling companies to exploit the full potential of digitization.
Cloud & Infrastructure: Comprehensive cloud ecosystem:
T-Systems offers its customers access to and operation of a comprehensive cloud ecosystem. To this end, the cloud experts work with more than 150 partners, including hyperscalers AWS, Microsoft and Google, technology providers such as Cisco and VMware, and software manufacturers such as SAP, Salesforce and Microsoft. For customers with special requirements for data protection, data sovereignty and compliance, T-Systems offers its own Open Telekom Cloud, which can be used to meet all the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO).
Building hybrid multi-cloud infrastructures:
The cloud has become the preferred IT infrastructure of the future. Although the cloud brings demonstrable benefits to IT operations, migrating to and operating hybrid multi-cloud infrastructures with private and public cloud components is complex. Especially when they also have to work seamlessly with on-premise solutions. T-Systems supports customers on this path:
- Assessment of existing IT and consulting for the path to the cloud.
- Migration to the cloud based on highly automated processes and methods.
- Management, including continuous updating, of the cloud systems.